When SmartGirls write in for peer advice, would you like to be the one to respond? If so, fill out the application below. We can't choose everyone to be an SG Peer Mentor, but you can always help by commenting on published issues!
See below for tips on your application.
Tips on your Application:
Unfortunately, we can't notify people of rejected applications.
The most common reasons we do not respond to applications are:
(1) Your application is on hold until there is an opening
(2) You didn't include a valid email address in your application, so we can't reach you
(3) Your response was incomplete, vague, or hard to understand
If you think we might have rejected your application for reason #3, you may submit another application.
Our favorite responses have the following characteristics:
(1) Say what you really think, not what you're "supposed" to say
(2) If it's relevant, relate your own experience and how it worked out
(3) Consider multiple options, but let them make their own choices
(4) Be supportive and understanding
(5) SPELL CHECK
If you have any questions, email email@example.com.